SCI REMC Board of Director Petitions Now Available
Petitions are now available for members residing in Board Districts 1, 5 and 9 who are interested in running for a seat on the SCI REMC Board of Directors. Members can view the director district map at sciremc.board.maps.sienatech.com. Please contact Stacey Sauer at 800.264.7362, ext. 111 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to request a Candidate Information Packet. Packets must be returned by July 29, 2020.
Incumbent directors include Mark Smith (District 1), Rex Franklin (District 5) and Heather Mollo (District 9). Visit sciremc.com/directors to learn more.
The Role of a Director:
Cooperatives believe strongly in building communities through the democratic process. As a member of a cooperative, you have a voice in how your cooperative is run. You elect directors from the membership to represent you on the cooperative board. Director elections are open to all members. Elections take place during the business section of the Annual Member Meeting, which will be held in September. Additional details are provided in the South Central Indiana REMC bylaws.
SCI REMC Board of Directors has many functions and responsibilities, including:
• Managing general business administration
• Employing a President/CEO to direct the operation of the co-op
• Adopting short and long-term strategic plans for the co-op
• Establishing and maintaining legal entities
• Setting rate and fee schedules
• Reporting to members on the financial condition of the co-op
• Establishing controls to ensure effective operations