Voltage surges are very short periods of high voltage that happen in the blink of an eye. An extremely high voltage can damage major appliance motors and destroy sensitive electronic equipment in an instant. Low level surges slowly wear down sensitive microprocessors, causing equipment to unexpectedly fail.
SCI REMC carries a full line of surge suppression equipment for the entire home or business. Specialty units are available to protect sensitive electronics like digital satellite dishes, computers, microwaves, and garage door openers.
Why should I consider surge suppression equipment?
Consider the retail cost of appliances and electronics found in the typical home. Repairing or replacing any of these items can be frustrating and expensive. Even if homeowner’s insurance covers some of the damage, most policies have deductibles ranging from $250 to $1,000 for each occurrence.
Features of our highest quality surge protectors available for purchase by our members:
- UL 1449 listed - product has been tested for safety, shock hazard, and fire hazard.
- Provide transient voltage surge suppression, unlike many products on the market.
- Clamping voltage is 330 volts, as low as 10 volts over normal voltage, the best clamping rating on the market.
- Indicator light to show the unit is working.
- Diagnostic light to alert you if an outlet is not properly wired.
- TV cable or antenna connector provides complete protection for video equipment.
- Telephone connector provides complete protection for answering machines, fax machines and modems.
- Lifetime warranty on the equipment.
- Consequential damages policy.
Contact us for more information about protecting your home from a voltage surge.