Your old fridge or freezer can use up to four times the energy of newer models. So, let us recycle it. We’ll haul it away for free, you’ll get $30 and save up to $150 a year in energy costs.
To schedule a pickup of your old appliance, call 877-395-5535 or schedule online.
- Refrigerators and freezers must be in working condition.
- They must be between 10 and 30 cubic feet in size (using inside measurements).
- Members must own the unit(s) being recycled.
- Limit two units per residential address.
- A check will be mailed to the SCI REMC member within 4-6 weeks after the appliance collection.
- Some restrictions apply.
This program is funded by Hoosier Energy REC Inc. on behalf of SCI REMC and is available to its residential electric customers in Indiana on a first-come, first-served basis until funding is expended. Hoosier Energy REC Inc. contracts with JACO Environmental, an appliance recycler, to pick up and recycle refrigerators and freezers that are in working condition.